Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weiner: I’d be mayor (if not for the Web)


He was born at the wrong time.


Anthony Weiner says if he ran for mayor before there was a Worldwide Web, he ‘d now be calling the shots at City Hall.


“Maybe if the Internet didn’t exist? Like, if I was running in 1955? I’d probably get elected mayor,” Weiner told GQ magazine in a profile titled, ‘The year of Living Carlos Dangerously.”



Weiner with wife Huma Abedin and son Jordan.Photo: R. Umar Abbasi



The serial sexter also said he felt bad that his wife, Huma Abedin, absorbed so much negative press because of him.


“I duck it as best I can, but her reputation has become the ‘Woman Who Married an Idiot and Stuck with Him,’ ” Weiner said.


“I’m just an empty, soulless vessel, so it doesn’t hurt me as much.”


He conceded that his relationship with Huma turned rocky following revelations that he continued online relationships with women after he left Congress in disgrace for sending racy tweets.


“One thing I’m grateful for is that now I’m under no obligation to answer anything like this,” he said, speaking of his personal life. “But we’ve had a very rough time.”


That was a different characterization than the one he gave in September, when he insisted, “My wife’s good. My marriage is good.”


Weiner insisted that despite his raunchy Internet antics, he’s not looking to consummate any fantasies. “I have no desire to walk into a bar and pick up a woman. I love my wife,” he said.


As Page Six exclusively reported, Weiner and Abedin were recently spotted together sharing a romantic dinner at the Upper East Side restaurant Nello.


Weiner has been on a publicity tour since pulling just 5 percent of the vote in last month’s Democratic primary.


He’s been a guest commentator on New York 1, dropped by Geraldo Rivera’s radio show, and made a bombastic appearance on Fox’s Sean Hannity program, where he refused to say if he’s looking for a TV gig.


During the campaign, The Post reported that Weiner was participating in a documentary about his campaign. A source now tells The Post that Weiner signed away rights to make changes to the movie being produced by MTV filmmaker Josh Kriegman, who used to work in Weiner’s congressional office.





Yahoo Local News – New York Post




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=15838

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment