Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fortune teller predicted lotto winner’s jackpot—16 years before


Winning the lottery jackpot began at an amusement park for one retired NYPD cop – 16 years ago.


Edna Aguayo, who won $ 1,000 a day for the rest of her life through New York Lottery’s Cash4Life game, said a psychic told her long ago she’d hit it big one day.


“I knew I’d win one day, I just didn’t know when,” said the 20-year police officer who retired three years ago. “I was in an amusement park and went to see a reader. She told me to buy ‘for life’ lottery tickets because she could see that one day I was going to hit a ‘for life’ prize.”


Aguayo, of Queens, purchased the winning ticket at Waldbaum’s supermarket on Cross Bay Boulevard in Howard Beach and matched all six numbers — 9-19-34-37-49 and Cash Ball 2 – in the July 14 drawing.


“I thought I would win the second prize,” she said. “I didn’t think I was ever going to win the top prize.”


Aguayo, who purchases Cash4Life tickets every Monday and Thursday, will rake in $ 227,410 a year after taxes.


“I really need a vacation! There’s a lot of islands I want to go to,” beamed the woman, who didn’t want to give her age.



“Lucky millionaires club” winners Edna Aguayo, Yolanda Vega, Catherine Morales, and Elizabeth Polcari.Photo: VictorAlcorn.com



Two other New York women cashed in on huge lottery winnings Thursday, including 20-year-old college student Catherine Morales, of East Rockaway, and Coram resident Elizabeth Polcari, 49.


Morales, whose dad convinced her to play the lottery, plans to pay off her student loans with the $ 1,000 a week she won after matching five Cash4Life numbers in a June 19 drawing. She will receive a one-time payment of $ 661,800.


“At first I was in denial, but then I was just really happy,” she said. “My first call was to my father and he was in denial too. When he realized it was real, he was happy for me.”


Meanwhile, Polcari, who won $ 3 million on a Kings Ransom scratchoff ticket, will spend her earnings on a “red Corvette.” She opted to take a lump sum of $ 2,340,000, which works out to $ 1,548,612 after taxes.


Polcari’s luck changed after she said she started focusing “on the good.”


“Luck is a state of mind,” she said. “I will start planning the wedding of my dreams and buy a new house.”


Lottery drawer Yolanda Vega joked the three women were now part of “the lucky millionaire lottery club.”





Yahoo Local News – New York Post




http://ift.tt/1mJIAiY

via Great Local News: New York http://ift.tt/1iZiLP1

No comments:

Post a Comment