Wednesday, August 27, 2014

City worker fined $2K for soliciting two $40 food event tickets



A city worker agreed to pay a $ 2,000 fine for soliciting two free tickets for a food festival last summer — worth a measly $ 40 each.


Cathy Luong, a borough coordinator for the mayor’s Street Activity Permit office, admitted that she asked for the freebies in violation of city ethics rules, according to a settlement with the Conflicts of Interest Board released Tuesday.


“I acknowledge that, by using my city position to solicit the gift of free food tickets for myself and my friend to an event, I violated the City Charter,” Luong admitted in documents.


But Luong, who still works for the city, told The Post she didn’t know that the tickets were comped, apparently contradicting her statement.


She said she decided not to fight the $ 2,000 fine just to end the matter.


“I’m just so frustrated,” she said. “I have a heart condition. I just needed it to end.”





Yahoo Local News – New York Post




http://ift.tt/1zENFAh

via Great Local News: New York http://ift.tt/1iZiLP1

No comments:

Post a Comment