Monday, October 28, 2013

Bronx House Fire Injures Nine, Cause Under Investigation


The city fire department is looking for the cause of an early morning fire that swept through a home in the Bronx.


Flames broke out shortly after 4 a.m. on the bottom level of a house located at 1126 Taylor Avenue in Soundview.


The fire was under control about an hour later.


Nine people were hurt.


A neighbor tells NY1 she saw two babies dropped from the second floor, and also says a man who was holding one of the babies jumped to escape the flames.


“I saw him hanging the baby from the porch and then the one downstairs- everybody was screaming, I start to scream I scream and then we had to help him get the babies out and I had the two babies but somebody else took the two babies from me and that was it, I saw him jump,” said the neighbor.


Two of the victims were taken to the hospital in critical condition, but their exact injuries are unclear.





NEWS – NY1




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=16505

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment