Thursday, October 17, 2013

Queens Man Hailed As Hero For Stopping Alleged Sexual Assault Attempt


A Queens man is being hailed as a hero after he stopped what police say was an attempted sexual assault.


Police say the incident occurred around 5 a.m. Thursday when an unidentified attacker grabbed a 30-year-old woman from behind in Astoria and threw her to the ground.


That’s when Roberto Merendino says he heard the victim’s cries for help and sprung into action.


“I looked out the window and I yelled at the guys, and they just took off,” Merendino said. “I seen a guy trying to pull her purse out of her hand, and she was screaming, ‘Get off me! Get off me!’ So I opened the window and I yelled, I said, ‘What’s going on? What’s going on?’ They see me at the window, and they just left her on the floor and took off.”


The woman was not seriously injured.





NEWS – NY1




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=15888

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment