Friday, October 4, 2013

SEE IT: Ohio cheerleader backflips way into Guinness World Records

16-year-old Ohio cheerleader Marie Klein backflipped her way into the record books.


John Strayer via YouTube


16-year-old Ohio cheerleader Marie Klein backflipped her way into the record books.



An Ohio cheerleader backflipped her way into the record books — by doing 40 consecutive reverse handsprings in a row.


Marie Klein, 16, smashed the previous record of 36 during a football game at Walsh Jesuit High School in Cuyahoga Falls.


The junior’s astounding achievement, which was caught on camera in September, came after nine months of intense training.


Marie Klein says she hopes to try again, this time breaking her own record.


Fox 8 Cleveland


Marie Klein says she hopes to try again, this time breaking her own record.


“It was crazy,” Klein told the Akron Beacon Journal.


“I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going,” she added.


Officials from the Guinness World Records were on hand to verify her Sept. 8. feat, which saw her flip 65-yards down the field.


“I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record,” the ambitious teen later told reporters.





NY Daily News- Top Stories




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=15037

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment