Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Brooklyn Mom Arrested After Infant Son Found Dead In Their Home


Police have arrested the mother of a 19-month-old baby found dead in his Brooklyn home Sunday night.


Anna Thomas, 20, was arraigned early Tuesday morning on attempted murder charges and was remanded.


The NYPD says officers answered a 911 call for an emotionally disturbed person at 1199 Ocean Avenue in Flatbush shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday.


When they arrived, they found the 19-month-old unconscious and unresponsive.


Sources say Thomas was trying to jump out the window when officers showed up.


Deny Alexis, Thomas’ downstairs neighbor, said he heard screaming and a commotion overhead, and said he saw two legs dangling from above when he ran to his balcony door.


“I heard the lady say please, I think she said grab or please help me, or something like that,” Alexis said. “So I grab her two legs. She was about to lose grip, and as she did, I just pull her with my force inside. So instead of her falling down straight, I pulled her inside, and she fell inside my balcony.”


Sources say the child appeared to have been smothered.


However, Thomas’ family came to her defense Monday, saying she was a loving mother.


They say she wasn’t capable of harming her own son and that there is no way she did what police are accusing her of doing.


They say that the boy was born with serious medical issues and that he must have died from complications of his conditions.


Sources say a suicide note was recovered from Thomas’ apartment.


“She seemed to be a nice young lady,” one of Thomas’ neighbors said. “I see her on the elevator from time to time with her son, but I didn’t think nothing of it, that she would do something like that. I really didn’t.”


Detectives were back at the apartment Monday night collecting evidence.


The Administration for Children’s Services is also looking into the case.





NEWS – NY1




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=15283

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment