Thursday, October 10, 2013

Brooklyn Mom, Infant Found Dead In Apparent Accident


Police in Brooklyn are investigating after a mother and her 11-day-old infant were found dead Thursday morning in what appears to have been a freak accident.


Investigators say Margarine Lyons, 34, was found unconscious on top of the baby inside the bedroom of their home located at 50 Legion Street in Brownsville.


Police say there were no signs of trauma and the baby appeared to have been smothered.


Two other children who were home at the time were unharmed.


Sources tell NY1 the discovery was made by the woman’s brother, who also lives at the same address.


Family members say Lyons had been complaining about pain from her C-section and was recently placed on the powerful narcotic Oxycontin.


They say she had complained that the medicine was making her drowsy.


“I’m just unbelievable. I’m numb. I can’t believe it happened to me. I always looked forward to my daughter burying me, not for me burying my kids,” said Douglas Lyons, the baby’s grandfather.


The Medical Examiner is working to determine the exact causes of death.





NEWS – NY1




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=15460

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment