Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ellen Page ‘felt awkward around gay people’

Gossip

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS


Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 11:58 AM



Ellen Page covers the June 2014 issue of Flare magazine, posing in a racy black bra and baring her midriff.FLARE Ellen Page covers the June issue of Flare magazine in racy fashion.

Ellen Page has come out, and come into her own.


The “Juno” star, 27, shows off her toned midsection in a sultry shoot for Flare Magazine’s June issue.


On Valentine’s Day, Page revealed that she is a lesbian.


“I am here today because I am gay,” she said, on a stage in front of a crowd at the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Time to Thrive conference in Las Vegas.


While the eight-minute speech resounded throughout the blogosphere and tabloids shortly after, Page admits to Flare magazine that she was “very nervous.”


“Very, very nervous,” she said. “Yes. I was emotional, deeply, deeply emotional.”


SPCL THIS PHOTOGRAPH WAS TAKEN BY AP IMAGES FOR HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGNJeff Bottari/AP On Feb. 14, Ellen Page came out as gay during her speech at the Human Rights Campaign’s Time to Thrive Conference.

“You think you’re in a place where you’re all ‘I’m thrilled to be gay, I have no issues about being gay anymore, I don’t feel shame about being gay,’ but you actually do. You’re just not fully aware of it.”


The “Inception” actress revealed she’d come out to her parents 8 years before the public speech, back when she was 19.


“I think I still felt scared about people knowing,” she added. “I felt awkward around gay people; I felt guilty for not being myself.”


Now, after receiving a warmer reception to her confession than she’d imagined, Page says she’s “always be happy to talk about being gay.”


“I expected so much more hate,” she told the magazine. “It was just remarkably positive, which is beautiful, because it’s indicative of the change that’s happening.”






NY Daily News- Top Stories




http://ift.tt/1ftkQTt

via Great Local News: New York http://ift.tt/1iZiLP1

No comments:

Post a Comment