Sunday, December 29, 2013

British mom tries to sell baby on Internet

Social services has taken away a mother's two boys after she placed an ad to sell one on the free classified website, Gumtree.



Social services has taken away a mother’s two boys after she placed an ad to sell one on the free classified website, Gumtree.



A young British mom, who placed her 4-month-old boy for sale on the Internet as a “joke” has had the child taken into care by authorities.


The 20-year-old had placed the child on Gumtree for nearly $ 250,000, Metro reports.


RELATED: WOMAN’S CRAIGSLIST AD: ‘I WANT TO RENT A MOM AND DAD’


But police were alerted by scores of concerned people who spotted the ad on the free classified site similar to Craigslist.


Officers tracked down the woman and took the baby and his 2-year-old brother into care.


The 20-year-old mom says it was a joke and that she 'plucked' the amount 'out of thin air.'



The 20-year-old mom says it was a joke and that she ‘plucked’ the amount ‘out of thin air.’


RELATED: MAN WRITES WITTY AD TO SELL EX’S RING


The mother, from Bradford, northern England, claimed that the ad was a “silly joke” that backfired.


“I put it on Gumtree that I was selling a baby for £150,000. I just plucked that number out of thin air and I claimed I was acting as an agent for a friend.


RELATED: FLORIDA PAIR BUSTED FOR BRA-ZEN $ 1,700 BRASSIERE THEFT


“It was very stupid and I shouldn’t have done it, but I didn’t think it would be taken seriously. I love my boys.”





NY Daily News- Top Stories




http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info/?p=19799

via Great Local News: New York http://newyork.greatlocalnews.info

No comments:

Post a Comment